Nicaragua Finca Verona RFA
- Natural Process
- Yeast Fermentation
- Strictly Hard Bean (SHB), European Prep (EP)
- Rainforest Alliance Certified
- City++/FC - DARK Medium roast
From my guy Eduardo and the good people at Nicavio, I'm happy to offer this Anaerobic Natural coffee from Finca Verona in Nicaragua.
• It's a big, dense bean, beautifully uniform. I took it right up to the edge of 2nd crack, dropping it right as those first couple of early developers start to be heard
• HUGE body of this cup. It sticks around for a long time. Lower acidity. Slightly rustic. Reminded me of this stone-ground unsweetened chocolate we got in Mexico a few years back. The earthiness fades as the cup cools, and you can better notice and appreciate its honey-sweetness.
• I also picked up spicy notes, like a high-quality black pepper. (You know how a really good pepper is almost floral and sweet before you notice the spiciness underneath? Like that.)
Really nice as a single origin espresso! Excellent for drip and French Press, as well. As much as those drinkers will appreciate its low acidity, that's the same reason it struggles as a cold brew...it can get hollowed out & taste flat. HOWEVER, it would make a fantastic base coffee for a cold brew blend, mixed with something a little lighter, fruitier, and/or more exotic. My Ethiopia and Colombia immediately come to mind.